Precision Refrigeration Limited
This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents linked to from it) sets out information on how and why we process your personal information, how we keep it secure and how we may disclose it to others.
It is important that you read this Notice together with any other notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
We may change this Notice from time to time, so check the latest iteration (accessible on our website under the “About Us” section) to ensure that you are aware of any changes and can make an appropriate decision at that time.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Please note that by using our website or other services, you agree to the information set out in this Privacy Notice.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice and other Policy, Terms and Conditions that we employ, including any requests to exercise your legal rights should be sent via the contact details below:
In writing to:
Andy Fysh, Director
Precision Refrigeration Limited, Stephenson Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 3RU
Or by email to:
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). The GDPR regulations view Precision as a data controller. That means we decide how any personal data we receive is processed and for what purposes. Precision Refrigeration is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No. 04069159. Registered office: Stephenson Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 3RU
Who are we?
Precision Refrigeration Limited (Precision) is recognised internationally as a leading manufacturer of refrigeration equipment for the global food service industry. Precision has operations in the UK UK, China, Australia and the UAE.
The information we collect about you?
Personal information (or data), means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymous data where the identity has been removed.
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you register for an event, sign up to our Newsletter Mailing List or contact us about our products and services.
We also receive and process personal information regarding delivery, billing and payment information, and job application details.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, contact number, and in using the website your IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
We may collect, use, store and transfer differing kinds of personal data grouped as follows:
- Identity Data - title, first name, maiden name, surname, username or similar identifier, education history, employment history.
- Contact Data - telephone numbers, email addresses, billing address, delivery address.
- Marcomms Data – preferences in receiving marketing messages from us.
- Technical Data – IP address, login data, browser type and version, operating system, platform technologies and devices used to access our website.
- Transaction Data - details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services purchased from us or from you.
- Financial Data - bank account details.
- Profile Data – username, password, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage/Engagement Data – how you use our website, products and services.
We do not collect details regarding race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric data, criminal offences of convictions.
How is your information used?
We will use your personal information where:
- We need to comply with regulatory or legal obligations
- We need to provide services based on a contract we are about to/have already entered into
- It is necessary for our legitimate business interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us or directly via any of the communications.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
The following list provides an overview of the ways in which we plan to use aspects of your personal data as previously described:
- To maintain our relationship with you, communicate with you, and provide you with information about, or any changes to our products, services and pricing.
- To help us customise various aspects of our web sites to improve your experience, and ensure that the content and services are tailored to your needs and interests.
- To monitor the quality of our products and services and to investigate any concerns or complaints you may make; or disputes between you and us.
- To create and run your user sales account; including to obtain credit references, credit checks and trade screening for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and business risk management purposes.
- To process your order and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide after-sales services to you, including but not limited to administering warranty, service, return or refund policies.
- For statistical analysis, research, internal reporting, record keeping.
- To provide you with suggested local distributors.
- In order to market our own products and services to you by post, e-mail, SMS, social media or over the telephone long as this is in line with any marketing preferences you have provided us with, and where you have consented to this, or where you have not objected to this and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were subject to a previous sale or negotiations with you
How long will you use/keep my personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. You can ask us to delete your data, see your legal rights below for more information.
Marketing and Third-party marketing
We aim to provide you with relevant information based on your current profile choices (where available). This will include information relating to Precision’s products and service. Where on occasion your data is to be shared/transferred to a third-party, e.g. credit reference agencies, logistics software, recruitment providers, service or sales agents we appoint to perform services on our behalf, and profession advisors such as accountants, lawyers and debt collection agencies, this will only be done through your express opt-in consent.
You can ask us or third parties we have shared any data with to stop sending you messages at any time by contacting us or using the unsubscribe link in every email.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with internal or external third parties as set out below:
- Professional advisers acting as lawyers, accountants, business consultants, insurers to Precision.
- Credit reference agencies
- Logistics companies; e.g. UPS
- Recruitment providers
- Service or sales agents who we appoint to provide services on our behalf
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors who require the reporting of processing activities in such circumstances.
- Service providers acting as processors for IT and system administration services
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow these third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
This involves the transferring of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure that your personal data is protected by requiring all our 3rd parties to follow the same rules when processing your data. Where this is to undertake Certification, specific consent will be obtained. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need to know basis.
They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Review of this Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
This Notice was last updated in 25th May 2018.